Sunday, January 10, 2010

Been a while.

I've been rather busy lately, so I haven't had the chance to update this blog as much as I'd like.

Since last time, the big change has been the 1st District Race - as you likely know, Roberts is out, Labrador is in, and Salzburg is still hanging in there.

My opinion of Ward remains the same - I still think he's the best man for the job. However, here is my view of the challengers:

Raul Labrador: Ward has a large fundraising advantage over Labrador, who is a latecomer to the race. I still don't know an awful lot about him, yet. His career as an immigration attorney, by itself, doesn't concern me, as defending those accused of illegal activity does not make one supportive of such acts. Also, being a native Spanish speaker (he's Puerto Rican, BTW, not Mexican) in an area with many immigrants, it is only smart from a business perspective to tap into such a potential client base. That being said, his stance on immigration is a legitimate question to ask, just as with Ward (or Salzberg).

Allan Salzberg: He's not very well funded, and, realistically, will probably not win the primary (it would be interesting, though, to have an Idaho Congressman with a New York accent). However, he is a very intelligent man, and has many excellent ideas on energy independence. It would behoove the winner of the race to sit down with Dr. Salzberg, and listen carefully to what he has to say.

More to come as the race develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment