Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I've had a chance to post on here. So much as happened, and June seems to have zoomed by. Since the last post, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, and Billy Mays have died; the Governor of South Carolina has proved himself to be what seems to be yet another embarassment and disgrace to the Republican Party; Iran has erupted in protest over disputed election results, and, I'm sure, many other things I cannot think of at the moment.

Regaring the first item: Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.

On the second - Sanford must go! Not only did he disgrace his office and his party, and cause further damage to a party already in disarray, he abandoned his post as Governor to take a trip to South America for 5 days, for his own sexual pleasure. This is unforgivable for a chief executive, and he must either resign or be subject to impeachment proceedings. If I were a South Carolina resident, I would immediately be contacting my State Legislator and Gov. Sanford's office expressing this sentiment.

On Iran, we are doing the right thing by not getting directly involved - we need to root quietly for the opposition, while not meddling in the affairs of a sovereign nation. Deal with Ahmenijidad (or however the heck you spell his name) if he poses a direct threat to the U.S., but, otherwise, it's none of our business how he governs Iran. Don't get me wrong, I feel for the Iranian people, but we need to stop being the world's policeman, and allow dissident groups in oppressive regimes to overthrow said regimes if they gain the strength to do so.

This, of course, is just my quick summary on my take of what's going on in the world at the moment. I will try to post some more in depth commentary as my time allows.

Have a happy Independence Day holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment